Online Survey Results Are In!
Responses have come in for the online Superintendent Search Leadership Qualities Survey! They've been tabulated by DCIU, and are summarized here for your review!
Focus Groups: Your Input is Needed!
All Chester Upland School District parents/community/stakeholders are invited to take part in a focus group (small discussion group) about the search for our new Superintendent. The focus group should last no longer than one and a half hours.
The focus group will provide an opportunity for you to 1) find out more about the search process and 2) give input into key areas to assist in finding the ideal candidate for our next Superintendent. Your voice is important in this process; your views will be used during the course of the interviews to help zero in on what you want to see in our new district leader.
Click here to view the flyer and register for the focus group dates!
Applications for Superintendent
Are you our future leader? Applications for the Superintendent position for Chester Upland are now open. Do you possess the following qualities?
- Committed to a positive educational and learning experience for all children and staff
- Committed to the interests of all stakeholders in the community of parents, students and staff
- Strong foundation in systems approach to operations, curriculum, instruction and assessment, educational best practices, and creating climates of respect and safe schools
- Understanding of needs of turnaround districts
- Knowledge of school finance, business management, school law, and human resources
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Superintendent PA Letter of Eligibility Certification or out of state - Eligible for PA Letter
- Prior experience as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent in a diverse community
- Doctorate in Education preferred
Click here to view the flyer and apply!
Want to know the current status of our Superintendent Search? View our April 11, 2017 update!