STEM at Showalter is an engaging and challenging school that currently serves grades 7-12.
Our school is designed to prepare students for 21st century careers in the sciences and in engineering. The philosophy behind the program is to provide students with a unique opportunity to learn through traditional and non-traditional teaching methodologies. Teaching and learning will have a heavy emphasis on project based learning, experimentation, hands on activities, and research.
In addition to our engaging curriculum, we also offer comprehensive interventions to ensure that students are successful on state assessments and the SAT. When you consider the multitude of extra-curricular activities and our very aggressive and comprehensive college and career counseling program, we think that you will discover that our academic program is second to none.
We invite you to visit our campus and learn more about the great things that happen at our school every day.
Welcome to STEM...Welcome to Excellence!
Points of Pride:
- Gates Millennium Scholars award winners
- Challenging and Engaging Curriculum
- 4 AP Classes
- 14 Honors Classes
- 20 STEM Elective Courses
- Daniel Hale Williams Institute for Honors Studies
- Dual Enrollment Widener University
- Dual Enrollment Delaware Community College
- Career Technical Education Programs (CTE)
- Communications Technology
- Computer Repair Technology
- Concurrent Enrollment Opportunities at Delaware County Technical School
- Enrichment and Academic Programming
- Extended Day Learning Program with Chester Education Foundation
- Annenberg High School Science Symposium
- Lincoln University Upward Bound
- Widener Environmentors Program
- Student Leadership and Development
- Student Government
- National Honors Society
- Student Clubs and Organizations
- Youth Court
|Dr. Jason Vann Hamer
Gloria Johnson & Victoria Archer-Barber
1100 W 10th St, Chester, PA 19013
7:45 AM - 2:30 PM for all grades
Shirts: Burgundy STEM shirt or white button-down dress shirt a tie.
Solid color sweaters or sweatshirts (burgundy, navy, white, or black).
No hoodies are permitted to be worn during the day
Bottoms: Tan khaki bottoms (no jeans or leggings are permitted).
Belts are required for pants (pants should not sag of reveal undergarments).
For girls, tan khaki skirts or skorts are permitted (no denim skirts or skorts). Length should not be more than 1 inch above the knee
Shoes: Sneakers or dress shoes / dressy flats.
No: flip-flops, sandals, high-heel shoes, slides, shoes with wheels or lights.