EARLY CHILDHOOD (Pre-Kindergarten)
The Chester Upland School District is committed to providing the youngest members of our community with a pre-kindergarten program of the highest quality. It is our belief all children can and will be successful today and in the future if provided with an engaging, active, learning environment..
About Our Programs
Our District operates a full – day Pre- K Counts program in all our elementary schools. Our three year olds will be able to have a two year pre-school experience before entering the kindergarten program. Our goal is to help all children early in their academic careers thus fostering intellectual curiosity and social bonds with their peers. In our classrooms you will find the following interest centers: science, math, art, listening, library, blocks, writing, computers and dramatic play. These centers allow young children to learn best because they are able to construct knowledge through meaningful play and active exploration of the environment. All teachers are Pennsylvania certified in early childhood education and each classroom has a highly qualified teaching assistant. Our staff is committed to providing your child with the best pre- school education in a safe, nurturing environment. Class sizes are small and allow our staff to work closely with individual children to best meet their academic and social needs.
- Language and early literacy development must be supported and integrated throughout all aspects of our early childhood education program.
- Young children learn best when they are able to construct knowledge through meaningful play and active exploration of the environment.
- The learning environment should stimulate and engage their curiosity of the world around them, as well as meet their physical and emotional needs so that they will feel safe and secure.
Thank you for your interest in the Chester Upland School District’s Pre-Kindergarten Counts program! Please complete the online Pre-K Counts Initial Application. Once this is completed, you will be contacted by the school secretary in regard of your child’s enrollment. Please complete this application as soon as possible, due to limited seating. "Click Here" for Pre-K Counts Initial Online Student Application
Complete ALL necessary steps below.
Only completed applications with all supporting documentation will be accepted.
- Pre-K Online Initial Application
- Pre-K Counts Application
- Birth Certificate (Birth Certificate with raised seal)
- Documentation of Family Income (Tax forms, 3 consecutive paystubs, SSI, Child Support)
- Proof of Chester, Chester Township or Upland residency (Mortgage documents, lease, utility bill, Chester Upland Multiple Occupancy Documentation)
- Child’s current physical and immunizations
- Completed Dental Form
- Picture Identification of parent/guardian
Note: Please bring the following if they apply to you: proof of TANF (DPW) cash, SNAP/food stamps, medical assistance, custody order, a copy of child’s IEP, foster letter, and/or homeless verification letter/shelter letter.