Jeanette Brown's Classroom
Hello Second Graders,
Greetings! My name is Jeanette Brown and this is my fourth year teaching second grade at Chester Upland School of the Arts (CUSA). I attended Temple University for my Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood/Elementary and a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership from North Central University. My teaching philosophy is to serve students by providing them with quality education to support academic development. I am committed to the success and excellence of my students and excuses are not an option. The lyrics of a famous singer stated "if at first your don't succeed dust yourself off and try again". Lets ZOOM into EDUCATION!
I hope you had a wonderful summer and enjoyed your time off. I am excited to be your second grade teacher and look forward to a great year of learning. We are going to learn so many new and exciting things together in our greatest learning place the virtual classroom. I am counting on your full participation and will be here to help you through your weekly lessons. Remember we are in this together and we will achieve excellence!
SECOND GRADE NEWS: . In the event of my absence or asynchronous learning I will post instructions in google classroom.
New Post-March 10, 2021 students please log into google classroom to receive instruction for full day asynchronous learning.
EMAILS FOR STUDENTS HAVE BEEN CHANGED. PLEASE SEE EXAMPLE
NEW EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim/Report Card !
To see your child's interim/report card for each marking period:
1. Proceed to: www.chesteruplandsd.org
2. Click “Online Resources” on the left side of the website, choose “eschoolPLUS Resources”
3. Under “eschoolPlus Resources” you will find “Home Access Center”
4. Click on “Home Access Center”
5. Type in the User Name bar, your child’s username credentials. (i.e. jsmith1003323 )
6. Type in the Password bar, your child’s password credentials. (i.e. ??0000??)
7. Once in to Home Access Center, click on the icon that is red with an A+ inside of it (Grades)
Access to Zoom:
1.Click on Zoom link below
2.You will see a message that says, "Please wait for the host to start the meeting."
3.Please wait patiently as I welcome you into the room.
Access to Google Classroom:
1. Click http://classroom.google.com/
2. Click sign-in in the upper right-hand corner
3. Sign in to Google with the user name (student email address) and password (students first two initials (capitalized) four digits and then lower case first and last initial).
4. Choose student
5. Choose a classroom to join * If there is no class available click the + at the top right hand corner.
* Type in the class code vkyhxhx found on the teacher webpage and join the class requested.