Main Street Elementary serves students in grades Pre-K - 5.
Main Street has a long-standing reputation as an excellent elementary school, utilizing research-based instructional programs designed to meet the needs of younger students. Its active Parent Teacher Organization provides community support to the school. Modern technology, such as Promethean Boards, Elmo document cameras and iPads, are utilized in classrooms, ensuring a 21st century education for the student population.
In addition to the core curriculum in reading (American Reading Company IRLA - 100 Book Challenge), mathematics (Go Math), science, and social studies (Scotts-Foresman), K-5 students also have exposure to "specials" this year: health/physical education, art, writing, small group instruction, and intervention.
Student Centered Activities includes but are not limited to:
- Computer-assisted programs such as IXL and Imagine Learning (K-2).
- After School Enrichment and Clubs; Reading Olympics, Computer Club, and Math and Reading Club meet on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- The Girl Scouts of America meet on a date to be determined. Transportation is not provided.
- The Northern Star Sports Program sponsored by Widener University will meet on a Tuesdays. Transportation is not provided
- Soccer for Success will meet on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Transportation is not provided.
Principal: Carlena Parker
Secretary: Sarea Rochester
- Navy blue or white buttoned style polo shirt with a collar.
- Solid color sweaters or sweatshirts (navy, white, or black).
- NO HOODIES are to be worn during the day.
- Navy blue or tan khaki pants.
- NO jeans or leggings are permitted.
- Belts are required for pants (pants should not sag or reveal undergarments).
- For girls : khaki, navy blue or black skirts or skorts are permitted, NO DEMIN.
Length should not be more than 1 inch above the knee.
- Sneakers or dress shoes/dressy flats
- NO flip-flops, sandals, high-heel shoes, slides, shoes with wheels or lights.