STEM ACADEMY IMPROVEMENT PLAN FOR SCHOOL YEAR
2020 - 2021
"Click Here" for the STEM Academy Improvement Plan
Procedures for ScholarChip ID System
ScholarChip RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) ID Cards will be issued to all Chester Upland School District Students attending Chester High School, STEM Academy at Showalter, and Toby Farms Intermediate School.
Students and Parents need to be aware of the responsibilities surrounding the use of these ID Badges.
Student ID Use and Responsibilities
- Students are required to present their ID to enter the school building and may be required to present their ID to enter the cafeteria for lunch in some buildings.
- Students are required to present their ID to any staff member in the building when asked. Failure to present the ID can result in normal disciplinary processes.
- Students will be issued their first ID free of charge; replacements will be created for $5.00
Lost or Forgotten ID Badges
- Students who arrive at school without their ID will be permitted to sign in using their student ID number (lunch number).
- The first time a student forgets their ID they will be issued a temporary ID which must be worn and presented as a regular ID.
- The first time the student forgets their ID there will be no cost for the temporary ID.
- For each subsequent forgotten ID the cost of the temporary ID will be $1.00
What if my student has no money on the day the ID is lost/forgotten?
- At no time will a registered student be turned away for not having an ID or the funds to pay for a temporary or replacement ID.
- Fees ($1.00 for temporary, $5.00 for replacements) will be accrued in the students’ account. Report cards, Diplomas, Transfer Records, and Promotion to the next grade will be held or delayed until such time as the outstanding fees are paid.
How does ScholarChip affect my parent/guardian?
- To ensure the safety of all students and staff, parents, guardians, vendors, and visitors will be required to sign in to the building using a photo ID (Driver’s License, State Issued ID, Passport).
- Once an individual has scanned their ID the first time, they will be able to sign in immediately by presenting the same ID to the scanner.
This system has been selected by the Chester Upland School District to ensure the safety of our students, staff, and their families. Please respect these procedures and support safer schools.